- Have you been following Big Brother at all? My summer guilty pleasure. I missed the first season, caught most of the second, and have been an addicted viewer since the third (except for the infamous Season 9; I found that cast so vile and disgusting that I didn’t watch past the second week). Just my opinion, of course, but the current season is shaping up to be one of the best. I say that because the people I like are doing well, the people I don’t are gone or self-destructing, and there is no shortage of controversy. Gotta love Reality TV!
- Hate to see summer end, but love to see football season start! Even if my team is the Cleveland Browns. Only one preseason game in the books, and I’m already thinking, “Oh, well. Maybe next year.” Which, I believe is the Official Motto if the Cleveland Browns’ Fans.
- Another problem with the end of summer is everyone trying to cram in one last cookoout in a short period of time. I went to two this past weekend, and another is looming before school starts. On top of that, I’m visiting family in Ohio for a few days soon, and the day I hit town, I’m being taken to a sushi bar. I spent three months struggling to lose 15 pounds; in the past 60 days, I’ve gained 10 of them back.
- I’m a huge, huge fan of Michael Nesmith‘s solo work. Check it out! I particularly like Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma.
- The “l” on my keyboard has detached itself, and I don’t know how to stick it back on (I have a Dell XPS M2010, if you have any ideas on how to fix this annoyance).
- That’s all for now. Aren’t you glad you stopped by? I am!
Yes, it’s been a while since my last post; I’m sure you all have missed me terribly. Truth is, I’ve been fighting a severe case of Procrastination lately, and have only recently felt recovered enough to attempt to string a few words together into a coherent sentence.
I’m still feeling too weak to attempt an entire post on one subject, so instead I’ll throw out a few disconnected Random Thoughts:
• Only three more new episodes of Lost this season. Then I guess that’s it until, what – January? Thank goodness I’ll have summer and Christmas to distract me while I wait. One thing I’m not looking forward to during the Final Season is the amount of spoilers that will no doubt be floating around. Why can’t folks just enjoy the story as it unfolds?
• I’m seriously considering getting an iPhone when the new ones hit the market this summer. Burning questions: What do I do with my 16GB iTouch? Use the phone strictly as a phone and the iTouch as my .mp3 player? eBay the iTouch? What about all apps I’ve purchased? Can I move them to the phone, or will I have to repurchase?
• I need to do some unfollowing in Twitter. I’m sensing some Superior Attitudege by some Tweeters towards those of us who are using this social media to be…well, sociable. Some seem to think that Twitter should be used exclusively for entrepreneurial networking and selling, I don’t know…stuff. Unless you’re a Social Media Guru or Maven or Whatever, you need not apply. Like every enjoyable activity since kids first starting tossing pie tins back and forth, the money people are looking to make a quick buck on folks having fun. The new buzzword is “Monetize”.
• Heh…those last two Thoughts may lose me enough followers that I won’t have to wade through my list looking for cutoffs.
• I am still of the belief that Bluetooth headsets should never be utilized outside of one’s vehicle. If you’re walking around Wal Mart wearing one, people are not looking at you thinking, “There goes someone obviously very important, and leading the pack in cutting-edge technology.” They’re thinking, “What a douche.” Particularly if you’re walking around with your phone in your hand.
That’ll have to do it for now; I feel another attack of Procrastination coming on. I have to go be apathetic for a while.